Saturday 14 April 2012

Advanced hearing clinic

I've just returned from a hearing test with the audiology team at the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital.  As suspected, the hearing in both of my ears has decreased since my check-up last year but they say there is a new and more powerful digital hearing aid now available, which may work better for me.  I need to go back to the hospital in two weeks time to get them fitted.

They also asked me whether I have thought about having a Cochlear Implant.  I haven't really, as I'd never thought I was suitable.  A lot of thoughts are going on inside my head and I am thinking, "Wow, really?".

I am to let the team know whether I would like them to refer me to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge when I go back in a couple of weeks.  I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment